Sep 13, 2012

Wilderness Encounter System - updates and edits

I made some changes to the Wilderness Encounter System, including a couple of changes, some clarifications, some regional notes on subtables, and so on.

Structurally, the biggest edit was to make the change from 3 eight hour periods to 4 six hour periods.  The periods are:
o
  • Dawn
  • Day
  • Dusk
  • Night

I treat Dawn and Dusk in a similar fashion (in terms of likelihood of encounter, and opening range between the party and the encounter).

Other changes include links to the new monsters I have been posting (there will be more of these in the next day or two).

Finally, I also added some regional notes.  Like some parts of the Darkearth Plains that have particular populations that should come up on the table - just replacing an entry on a subtable works pretty well, without having too many subregion exceptions on the main table.

I hope it is interesting, and I think I will use it for the other regions when I get around to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment